College Credit Overview
High school juniors and seniors who complete the 36-week syllabus from the current edition of Understanding the Times, Understanding the Faith, or Understanding the Culture can earn 3 hours of college credit. These credits are offered through Bryan College, a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college in Dayton, TN. Click here to download the college credit flyer.
- Understanding the Faith is transcripted as “CT 109 Understanding the Faith: Survey of Christian Apologetics”
- Understanding the Times is transcripted as “PHIL 112 Understanding the Times: Survey of Competing Worldviews”
- Understanding the Culture is transcripted as “CT 108 Understanding the Culture: Survey of Cultural Engagement”
Since Bryan College is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, credits easily transfer to most schools (both religious and secular). Since each institution is the sole determiner of credit acceptance, it is recommended that you check with the registrar of your chosen college before you apply.
Tuition for each course is only $450. Tuition is non-refundable and must be received by Summit Ministries before the application deadline.
College Credit Requirements
To earn 3 hours of college credit, students need to complete the following:
- Submit the College Credit Application and tuition (non-refundable $450) to Summit Ministries by May 01, 2021. (Note: tuition must be paid by credit or debit card using the online form. We are not able to accept checks for college credit at this time. We will begin accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year in January of 2021).
- Complete the full 36-week Syllabus with a grade of C or above. Note: Students should complete the full course; however, the final grade will be determined solely on the final exam.
- Submit a copy of your final exam to Summit Ministries by June 01, 2021 (do not submit any other assignments). You can upload the final exam using this form. Note: The final exam is the chapter 18 test in each course. The test cannot be modified in any way.
To ensure objectivity, college credit grades will be based solely on the final exam (please note that this is a change from previous years). Teachers will need to keep copies of the final exams to submit to Summit Ministries by the deadline. Bryan College uses the following grading scale:
93–100% = A | 90–92% = A- | 87–89% = B+ | 83–86% = B | 80–82% = B- | 77–79% = C+ | 73–76% = C | 70–72% = C- | 69% or below = NC
Note: The final grade will be determined by your institution. They may use Bryan’s grading scale, their own grading scale, or just transfer in credit as either “pass” or “fail.”
Colleges may require students to turn in a course syllabus when they transfer the credits. These synopses list the lectures, supplemental materials, and topics presented in the curriculum, along with accreditation information: